After some follow-up on Millennials, Scott Francisco of Pilot Projects joins Ken Kinard and Mike Boyes to talk about his experience building Wood at Work, a community of practice as a force for social change. They discuss the Brooklyn Bridge Forest project, a plan for resurfacing the Brooklyn Bridge Promenade with sustainably sourced tropical hardwood from a forest community in Guatemala.
Pilot Projects is a design and consulting firm founded on the belief that small things, well designed and fully realized, can catalyze big systemic changes. The firm is made up of professional designers, planners, strategists and craftspeople, all skilled at creating concrete, inventive and intentional solutions to challenging problems.
- Pilot Projects
- Wood at Work, a community of practice for architecture, city-building and forest conservation
- Sandbox Video showing a collaborative design process by Pilot Projects
- Communities of Practice: Using systems thinking to co-create a better world by Scott Francisco
- The Innovator’s Dilemma by Clay Christensen
- Mike Boyes of Credo Consulting
- Ken Kinard of Accent Interactive