Assessment + Workshop + Coaching = help for students to launch their careers
Bonus: Financial Planning Workshop
March 19, 2022, from 9:45 am to 12:15 pm
College can be great
College can provide the expertise, career exposure, and professional connections that form the foundation for an engaging and meaningful career.
However, college is costing more and taking longer than ever
With the average student changing majors at least three times and with the average time to complete college at just below six years, college is becoming an expensive experiment that lacks a clear benefit.
LaunchPad provides current and aspiring college students what you need to succeed
LaunchPad provides four things you need to succeed in college:
- Clear understanding of your talents through a rigorous assessment of your underlying abilities
- Space to explore talent-driven career options through an interactive workshop
- Support through a debrief for parents and others interested in your progress
- Expert advice on crafting your plan through a private coaching session with a certified professional coach
LaunchPad is a tremendous value
LaunchPad provides the secrets for getting the most out of college…
- For less than the cost of a Kaplan SAT Course ($599)
- For less than the average cost of a credit hour ($600)
- For much less than the cost of an extra year of school ($20,000–$75,000)
- And infinitely less than landing in a job that doesn’t fit
- By March 16: Student takes the online career assessment (Highlands Ability Battery, codes delivered upon registration, allow 3.5 hours)
- By March 18: Student completes the online learning sessions at their own pace (allow 1 hour)
- March 19, 9:45 am – 12:15 pm: Students attend workshop (in person in Hunt Valley)
- March 19, 9:45 am – 11:30 am: Parents attend the financial workshop (in person, same location as student workshop, Zoom option available by request)
- March 19, 11:45 am – 12:15 pm: Parents join the student workshop. Students present their learning and action steps.
Financial Workshop: College Planning for Parents
(aka So How in the World Do We Pay for This?)
9:45 am – 11:30 am (in person in Hunt Valley, same location as student workshop, Zoom option available by request)
Pre-workshop survey to be completed after you register.
In this session, we’ll address questions like:
- How do you plan to pay for college? Savings? Loans? Grandparents?
- What is FAFSA and how do you navigate it?
- Are you financially prepared?
- What have you communicated with your spouse and your student about paying for college?
Parents will easily cover the $99 cost of the two-hour workshop by implementing even one of financial strategies presented.
You will walk away with a plan for:
- Taking advantage of the tax laws to help pay for college
- Maximizing scholarships
- Understanding loans and financial aid
- Coaching your kids through the process
At the conclusion of the financial workshop, parents are invited to join the student workshop and listen to their presentations.
Age and Grade
This workshop is designed for High School students. Minimum student age is 15.
$299 per student includes Assessment + Workshop + Coaching after the workshop:
$99 per family covers the optional Financial Workshop for Parents:
More info: Contact Ken Kinard at 410-771-1718.
Faculty with Expertise and Real-World Experience
Dr. Chip Roper
As a career coach, Chip has helped hundreds of students and adults find clarity around their vocational path and calling. He is the president of VOCA Center in New York City, a non-profit agency designed to help people thrive at work. He is certified as an Executive Coach through Columbia University.
Ken Kinard, MM, CPCC, PCC
Ken is a certified coach, founded a creative agency, and loves helping the next generation of leaders reach their potential. He has a master’s degree in computer music composition from Peabody Conservatory (Johns Hopkins University) and is a former professor of music and Great Books (Torrey Honors Institute) at Biola University in Los Angeles. His life goal is to be the most creative guy you know.
Tom Bonvissuto, CFP ®, CHFC ®, CFA
Tom has spent over 30 years serving people in the financial services industry. He has worked in large and small companies, on both the institutional and personal sides of the business. In 2019 he launched his own financial planning and advisory firm, Intero Financial Planning. This combines Tom’s passion for helping people with his vast knowledge of all things financial.