Beginner photography class from the Creatives at Accent Interactive
Ever wanted to take great photos with a digital camera? This class is the place to begin. We’ll start you on the basics and raise your photography skills to new levels by teaching you the secrets the professionals use.
12 weekly lessons include:
- 1-hour class via Zoom
- Unlimited use of our guided, online learning platform: keeps you accountable and moving forward
- Feedback from peers in your cohort
- Reading assignments from the textbook (see below)
- Tutorials on Adobe Lightroom—manage and edit your photos like the pros
- Creative photography challenges, like this one: Shadow Challenge
- Coaching from the creatives at Accent Interactive
12 Weekly Lessons
$219 per student
- Get the textbook: Complete Digital Photography: 9th Edition, 2018, by Ben Long (Kindle or paperback version)
- Computer with internet connection
- Adobe subscription that includes Lightroom: lots of options, start at $9.99/month for individuals, student pricing available
- DSLR or mirrorless camera (Can be Canon, Nikon, whatever. This kind usually has interchangeable lenses. We won’t be covering smartphone or point-and-shoot cameras.)
- Students should budget 2-3 hours per week, including the 1-hour class time.
What Students Say
“Before this class I was afraid to use a fancy camera. I wasn’t sure what all the buttons were for. Now I can take good photos with confidence.”
“This class really helped me to see new possibilities. I enjoyed taking photos before, but now I have so many new ways to create an interesting and creative image.”
Sign up now
Classes take place live 2:30–3:30pm (ET) on Mondays starting September 14, 2020. The last class is November 30, 2020. Space is limited. This class is for beginning photographers. If you already know the basics, then take Photography 201 instead. Minimum age is 13.
Cost: $219 per student.